8.11.2010

When did 2 miles become difficult??

On Sunday morning I ran two miles, no problem.  I wanted to get a quick run in before we headed off on a little trip to Maupin, OR.  So the rest of Sunday I spent lounging around, doing some wine tastings, reading my book in a chair along the Columbia River.  Monday we spent the day white water rafting down the Deschutes River.  Tuesday came and I need to run but my body was like... uh, no!  It kept telling me that I was tired and sore from Monday's excursion.  In the back of my mind I kept telling myself something that I read in one of my triathlon books... "Do not run tired."  So I didn't run Tuesday either.  Wednesday morning I knew that the running shoes had to hit the pavement.  I was excited- I missed my runs.  Who knew that taking a whole three days off would really throw me out of whack.  My run was not as easy as the Sunday 2 mile jog.  I could not wait until I hit that 2 mile mark today and I kept thinking... how in the world did I accomplish 3 miles a week ago?  I did finish the 2 miles in 24 minutes and I guess after a 3 day vacation that is pretty good.  Hopefully I'll be able to get another 3 mile run in some time this week.  Looking at my schedule though it's going to be complicated... wish me luck.

Keep Training,
Aubrie

PS. If you would like to see some photos from my trip to Maupin, OR and me screaming down a 4-class rapid you can check out my photo blog. http://capturinggrace.com/blog/

No comments: