Just like my post title read- it is the small things that count. I'm easily amused and there are a lot of daily things that most people would deem "small" that make me happy. Happiness has been a theme in the blogger world these past few days. My friend Macey encouraged everyone to write down ten things that make them happy. I do what I'm told.
1. I love watching my dog lay outside on the porch, soaking up the sun and being completely content at just watching bugs in the grass. I can tell he enjoys the sun and in return I enjoy it.
2. Sitcoms. Although right now I am sad because all the sitcoms I watch have ended and I'm wondering what in the world I am going to watch during my breakfast and lunch. Suggestions?
3. Rolling down the windows in my Jeep as I cruise around makes me happy.
4. Country music, country radio and country singers bring a smile to my face.
5. Anything to do with polar bears. Photos, videos, stories, drawings, shirts, mugs, tattoos. If it has a white bear, I dig it.
6. Tasty leftovers for lunch. I love opening the fridge and remembering that I either have some take out left over from the night before or some left overs from a tasty dinner I cooked. It makes choosing my lunch easier and it's less time consuming. Thank you microwaves.
7. I enjoy my coffee dates after swim practice with my swimming friends. Typically about once a week (it seems to always land on a Tuesday) I enjoy a cup of coffee from Starbucks and chat with my girls… wet hair, rocking sweatpants.
8. Going to new restaurants really tickles my fancy. If I had the power (not to mention the time and money) I would always eat at a new restaurant or coffee shop.
9. I like prop shopping for food photo shoots. It's fun to pop in to antique stores and find some goodies.
10. Appropriate for this weekend- our annual Memorial Day camping trip makes me happy. And this year it might make me even more happy because for once we might not get rained on.
I also want to add that the obvious things in my life still make me happy. I assume you all know that my husband, God, photography, swimming, yoga and my family all bring joy to my life.
What makes you happy?